UPKRAM is a not-for-profit program, working in the domain of education and livelihood for the development and empowerment of the marginalized communities in rural India. We work on literacy, livelihood & awareness of the fundamental rights of marginalized communities. Registered to function as a secular and an autonomous program under Shri Achleshwar Mahadev Mandir Foundation (SAMMF), Dalla, Sonbhadra district, Uttar Pradesh.
Vision: Cultivating an ethos of informed discourse in rural India.
Mission: To establish a centre for discourse in a gram-panchayat by redefining the traditional notion of a library.
Objectives of the organization:
- Fostering a culture of reading and writing.
- Establishing a library/reading corner and ensuring ‘Padhne ki ghanti’ (reading period) in every school.
- To disseminate the latest pedagogical techniques and best practices in education with teachers.
- Ensuring participation of nearby communities at the community center, The Centre for Discourse.
- Constituting a leadership group of the school children and youth from the community aimed at the sustained functioning of the intervention. Provide the youth of the community with an employment opportunity.
- Academic research – Preserve and document the Tribal folklore, songs, art, culture and publish them on an academic platform.